Hello all! This is Eric Seamans, co-editor of this year’s Abington Review. Nick Nalence and I are at the helm this year, and we are very excited to begin working. I have a few announcements for you before our semester begins: Firstly, If you’d like your email added to our email list, please email our advisor at jjp18 so he may add your address to our email list.
- The Involvement Fair
- Takes place on Wed/Thurs, 8/22 and 8/23, 11am-2pm on both days at the Intramural Field (if you look toward the tennis courts, you’ll see it). Understandably, some of you may have class at this time. Justin, Rachel, Nick, and I will be taking shifts at our table looking to recruit more members for our editing board. Anybody who wants to stop by is more than welcome.
- Weekly Meetings
- Since the Involvement Fair is the day that our first meeting would be, our first official meeting will be the following Wednesday, the 29th, in the same room as last semester (S213, across from Jimmy’s office).
- I am hoping to get everyone together before the first meeting, either to confirm our first meeting date, catch up, talk about this year’s plans, talk about The Twilight Zone, or any combination of those. We’ll update further on time and place of that soon. Plan on doing this at the Involvement Fair, though. Seek out our table just so we can all be on the same page.
- Please join our GetConnected page. In order to do so, you’ll have to sign in to your PSU account on https://getconnected.abington.psu.edu/. There should be a blue button that says “Join” after signing in. Once you do so, Nick or I will accept you. If you can’t find the button, fiddle around with the site; it’s not the most user-friendly thing in the world.
- Please bare with us on GetConnected. If something is not working for you on the site, please let Nick or myself know, and we will try to resolve the issue. Email us (Eric—exs436, Nick—nmn5161) if you cannot figure out how to join.
- Finally, please note that if you are ready to submit your work for the 2019 Abington Review, please use the link on the left side of the page.
As of now, that’s all I have. Plan on finding us at the Involvement Fair! Enjoy the rest of your summer, and we can’t wait to work with you. Thank you!